Two types of DNA testing are available:
1. BREED TESTING:
So you can find out exactly what breeds are in your dog . The test identifies the breeds of their parents and grandparents. This service is not available for cats.
- The Aim of the DNA test is to:
- Discover your dog’s genetic make-up.
- Predict your dog’s target genetic adult weight range
- Determine your dog’s recommended nutritional program, and create an effective care and wellness program in conjunction with your veterinarian
- Obtain a better understanding of your dog’s breed-related behavioural characteristics
2. HEALTH TESTING:
Identify specific genetic health problems that your dog or cat may be carrying.
- Dogs are screened for 35 different genetic diseases
- Cats are screened for 5
What is involved:
A small blood sample is taken and this is sent to the U.S.A for analysis against a data base of over a million dogs.
The results are emailed direct to you after 3-4 weeks.
For further information or to inquire about making an Appointment for a DNA test for your dog or cat, call us today.